Baked Beetroot and Garlic
1) Place the beetroot's into double thickness of foil, make sure there is enough foil to bring up to seal the beetroots.
( unless they are very large leave whole and don't peel them at this stage)
2) Crush 4 garlic cloves ( again don't peel just give them a bash to crush them, so they are still whole but the taste is released) add them to the beetroot.
3) Add about a tablespoon of virgin olive oil and tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to the beetroot spoon it over the beetroot & garlic. seal the foil tightly so the beetroot almost steams in the oven.
4) Bake at around 190 for about an hour ( depending on size and number of beetroots) test with a sharp knife to see if the beetroot is cooked, if not leave for longer.
5) When cooked allow to cool and take the skin off the beetroots with a sharp knife and cut into either slices or chunks.
delicious as a baked veg with the dinner or left to go cold and have it with salad or in a cheese sandwich.
I kept mine in a kilner jar in the fridge for a week I left the juices and garlic in the jar as well.