Wednesday 30 January 2013

A Shabby update


This is my first table I painted. It's sold now and went to a good home. Painted in Annie Sloan chalk paint 'Country Grey'  then waxed for protection,and colour washed in another chalk paint 'Red Letter'
the top is covered in Orla Kiely design paper and given three coats of dead matt varnish to protect the top, as this one didn't come with it's glass. I now never buy these tables unless they have the glass as it's so expensive to get some cut. The person who bought this loves it. It's so nice to know it's being loved.
 
 
This was the table when I bought it
 
 
More Tables, I love these but they have to be sold as I don't have the room for them.
 
 

And this is my favourite one. The cutest table in Paris Grey and has to be sold too. It's the smallest from a nest of three, I have to work on the other two yet.


A gorgeous little 1960's Austinsuite cupboard waiting to be worked on. This I am keeping for my study. It will be painted in bright colours to match my Roman blind I still have to make with some lovely Laura Ashley fabric called 'Wallace' which is based on a 1950's design ( very unlike L.Ashley's usual cabbage roses !) photo of fabric below.


I painted an antique Victorian table to match the fabric of the blind. I have had it for over 36 years and it's spent the last 20 odd years in my attic. So I have re-invented it as a desk in very bright colours. much cheaper than the one from John Lewis I was saving for. I love up- cycling !!!


Now for my best and latest projects ! two more standard lamps, painted in Laura Ashley 'Creamware' and i managed to buy two secondhand lampshades which believe me are so hard to get at a reasonable price. I have designed and handmade my own fabric flowers and added old lace on one of them. I call this style BoHo chic and I love these two. (sadly I can't keep them as no room, so they are up for sale) they remind me of two old ladies with crazy hats on!

 
 
 
I hope you enjoy looking at my Shabby work ! there is much more to come, and I'm off to Dorset tomorrow to pick up more standard lamps ! it's so addictive. it's a good thing I have a patient husband as I've taken over every space available in the garage and I can't use the study at the moment as it's storing things already done.

m xx

2 comments:

  1. Two very pretty old ladies!
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam, I love them but can't keep them. I have three more to do yet ! Yikes !!

    ReplyDelete