Tuesday 27 January 2015

Where did a year go?

I can't believe its a year since I last posted.  I've sadly got out of the habit of blogging and I used to really enjoy writing my posts.  So I'm going to try and keep up with this blog again starting with some recipes for the Nutribullet which I bought last year.

It seems to be a very popular gadget and one I would definitely recommend.  It's easy, fast, doesn't make the mess that the larger juicers make and leaves no pulp to get rid of.  The Nutribullet uses all of the veg and fruit so you get all of the important stuff such as the fibre, whereas the other type of juicers just squeeze out the juice and leave the good bits behind to be binned.

Ok so the juice is thicker and some people like their juice to be just a juice, but Personally I like it thicker and I know I'm getting all the goodness of what I put in it.  So here is the one I made today, I usually make up my own recipes and this is one of them. I do use recipies from the book I got with the Nutribullet sometimes, but I find that using whatever I have to hand works well.

This one was delicious.

Here's my morning juice I made today in the large cup form the Nutribullet 600

50% spinach and Kale at the bottom (Slightly more spinach than kale )
 1 x Pear
1x. Fig
1x. Kiwi
Half a large banana
A few walnut pieces
Some raw almonds
Heaped teaspoon of organic milled flaxseed
Filtered tap water slightly passed the max line
And blitz until it's all smooth, sometimes I take the cup off the base give a shake and then blitz again for a few secs. Not something you have to do but I just do it if I see it needs to be smoother.
Very Yummy we both enjoyed it I never have too large a glass of my juices in one go as it could upset your stomach if your not used to regularly eating raw green and fruit.
It keeps well in the fridge with the top on, and last until next day if I don't have another later on.
If you have a Nutribullet try this recipe and if you haven't bought one yet ! Well consider it as its a great way to get your 5 a day .
All the best for 2015
M xx


No comments:

Post a Comment