Wednesday 30 March 2011

A recipe to die for ( if you like your puddings sweet !!)

At last I got to use my new pie dish but for a very sweet and tasty pudding. I got the recipe from 'Country Living' magazine they have some good recipes in there which I am always cutting out and keeping, although not always trying ! anyway this one is called  'Raspberry Shortbread' and is extracted from a book called 'At Elizabeth's Table' by Elizabeth David ( and no I'm not reviewing it sadly ! as it sounds good)
Here is the dish just out of the oven

















I wondered why it was called 'Raspberry Shortbread' as apart from a few different ingredients it seemed just like any old crumble recipe. However when I tasted it, sure enough it has a shortbready taste and is sooo delicious especially with custard.

Here it is GOING  GOING NEARLY GONE !!!




YUMMY  !! I expect you'd like the recipe ? so here it is

RASPBERRY SHORTBREAD
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
Serves 4 
INGREDIENTS
* 500g raspberries  ( I used frozen from my freezer, home grown of course !)
* a little white sugar   ( my sugar is organic unbleached granulated , so not white ! I used about a     dessertspoonful)
* 60g butter
* 175g flour
* 120g muscovado sugar ( which I didn't have so I used Dark brown soft sugar which I guess is similar)
* half teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
METHOD
1) Put the raspberries into a fairly large, shallow pie dish and sprinkle with white sugar. Cut the butter into small pieces and crumble it with the flour until thoroughly blended ( funny description! my version is rub together to resemble fine breadcrumbs !).
2) Add the muscovado sugar, ginger, and baking powder, mix thoroughly. Spread the mixture over the raspberries and smooth it out evenly, do not press down.
3) Bake in the centre of a medium oven at 180 C (160 C fan oven) gas mark 4 and bake for 25 mins.
SERVE HOT OR COLD

No comments:

Post a Comment